This page contains instructions for accessing the W Design Associates FTP site for downloading drawing sets, project specifications, project addenda and other information pertinent to a project. If at any time you’re experiencing problems or have any questions, don’t hesitate to call the office for assistance.
The W Design Associates FTP site address is: ftp://ftp4.wdesignea.com
- Please do not use Internet Explorer, you will encounter problems downloading the files. Windows Explorer or a FTP client is your best choice on accessing the site.
- Anonymous logins are not accepted on the site. Please contact either the McCook or Hasting office to obtain a username and password for a particular project you would like access to.
- Right click on the start button and select Explorer. In the address bar, type in the FTP address listed above and press enter. Do not type http or www in front of the ftp address as this will prevent you from connecting to the site.
- After a connection is made, enter in your assigned username and password. The user name and password is case sensitive.
- Once a valid username and password has been accepted, you will be shown a folder listing. Either single left click on the folder name or right clicking and selecting open to go into the selected folder.
- Right click on the filename and select COPY TO FOLDER or SAVE TARGET AS. Select a folder on you computer where the file(s) will be copied or saved to. You must download the file(s) to your computer to work with them.
- if unable to connect to the FTP site, make sure you’re using Windows Explorer and NOT Internet Explorer.
- Verify the site address is typed in correctly along with your assigned username and password.
- You may have an expired username or password, check the date of the assigned username/password that was sent. Some accounts will be disabled after 30 days.
- Your computer firewall or company firewall may be preventing you from making a connection.
- If your still having issues accessing the site, please contact the McCook or the Hastings office and we’ll assist you in troubleshooting the issue.