Mr. Mitnik is the Chief Architect for W Design Associates with overall responsibility for Architecture and Design of all projects undertaken by the firm.
- Kent State University, Kent, OH: BA and BS Architecture/Engineering 1982/1991
- Wright-Paterson AFB OH: MS Technical Management, Graduate Engineer Management Program (AFIT), September 1986
- Military Schools: Air War College, July 1999, Air Command & Staff college, March 1995, Squadron Officer School, May 1987
- Registered Architect – Colorado, Nebraska, Ohio, Wisconsin
- NCARB Certification
- LEED-AP Certification
Professional / Technical Organizations
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Society for College & University Planning (SCUP)
Technical Areas of Experience
Registered Architect-Engineer-Planner with extensive/comprehensive front line experience in areas of Design, Construction, Contracting, Cost Estimating & Sustainable Airfield Community Planning.
Professional Work History
1983 – 2006: US Air Force. Facility Programs Officer/Manager at Offutt AFB, NE; Camp Perry, OH; Las Delicias Honduras; Andrews AFB, MD; Harrisburg PA; AEW Balad AB Iraq; Bagram Airfield Afganistan.
2006 – 2016: US Airforce. University Architect/Chief, Porfolio Optimization Plans Programs 10 CES US Air Force Academy CO.
2016 – November 2018: Chief, Operations Flight 55th CES, Offutt AFB NE, Chief, Engineering Service Line Eastern Kansas Health Care System, VA Leavenworth KS, Project Manager, Engineering Flight 721st Civil Engineer Squadron (CES), Cheyenne Mountain AFS CO.
December 2018 – Present: W Design Associates, Inc. Chief Architect.